Security Risks in an organization are diagnosed & determined by Web Application Security Assessment .We follow international norms for our Web Application Security Audit .Our Application Security Assessment Procedures are devised according to the mentioned models:
- OWASP Top 10 (Open Web Application Security Project)
- Open Security Testing Methodology Manual (OSTMM)
- Web Application Security Consortium (WASC) Guidelines
- OWASP's Software Assurance Maturity Model (OpenSAMM)
- Threat Modeling Processes such as DREAD and STRIDE
Our Approach to Application Security Testings
Certain best methodologies & security testing procedures are practiced for web application security. Following are the security testing techniques which help in performing quality security testing.
- Grey-box testing
- Black-box testing
However Business Logic Testing is a must to explore application's functionality and then only the required technique shall be used.
Application Security Testing Approach
An entire aspect of how the business is prone to assertive threats ,by cause of application vulnerabilities will be handover to you by our Web Application Security Audit Services .Application Security Audit is done using both - Automated Testing & Manual Testing .20% Security Testing is carried out using Automated tools such as automated scanners .This acts as primary testing .The rest part of testing is done by Manual Security Testing .The vulnerabilities that are overlooked by automated testing scanners are carried by Manual Testing . The overall Application Security Testing Approach Includes:
- Information Gathering
- Application Fingerprinting
- Identifying Vulnerabilities
- Building Test Cases and Vulnerability Validation
- Exploiting Vulnerabilities
- Recommendations and Reporting
Different business has different requirement .Each business requirement may be unique .Methodologies required for web application penetration testing -
Black-box Testing: No inside looks are needed in this approach .It is carried out without information of the application .The attack is replicated without accessing the source code.
Grey-box Testing: Only limited information is required for testing the application using this approach . Replication of attack is processed with limited authorization to application or with the use of user credentials.
What help these approaches account
- Application Security is enhanced at development Level as they pinpoint composition defects .
- Recognizes definite threats and give elaborated guidance.
- Increases the trust factor of Client.
- Application downtime is hampered & productivity is upgraded
- Protect the identified vulnerabilities & secure the important data from unknown user who do not have the access to the system like hackers.
We provide a detailed report including each and every pros and cons of the application along with the precise suggestions to improve the configuration & flows.